Tuesday, July 7, 2009

All about me

My name is Janelle and I live in Maryland. I have a BS in Chemical Engineering from the University of Maryland (Go Terrapins!) and I'm currently pursuing an MS in Project Management from Boston University.


I work for the Federal government as a General Engineer. My work entails management of government contractor activities, and interactions with other government agencies. Prior to being employed with the government, I worked at Sikorsky Aircraft in Stratford, CT.


I was born and raised in the Commonwealth of Dominica (not to be confused with the Dominican Republic!)which is a tiny island in the Caribbean. The total population of the island is 70,000 which is only 2 times greater than the student population at the University of Maryland! I have lived in the U.S. for 9 years and I am finally getting used to the brutal winters of the DC-MD-VA area.